Thursday, January 2, 2014

20 Weeks


20 Weeks...Am I halfway?!?!



How far along? 20 Weeks
Stretch marks? none yet...using Burt's Bees Momma Bee Lotion
Best moment this week: Seeing Baby V at my ultrasound!
Miss anything? Competing in mud runs at my full potential
Movement: At the ultrasound he was moving a whole lot. The doctor couldn't believe I wasn't feeling him. We watched him kick in real time and I said out loud... "OH! That's what it feels like!" Not what I expected ;) So..yes...I have been feeling him!
Food cravings: Nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sweet things...especially fruit.
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Growth
Belly button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy :D
Looking forward to: Christmas!

This week was our ultrasound with the doctor! It was super special to see Baby V. He is definitely a boy and he likes to move! He has lots of padding around him so I don't feel him super strong yet...but the doctor said in the next month he is going to double in size...wow!

Here is Baby V on his side with his face facing front. It was so neat to see his eyes and lips and little chin. Just chillin on his arm!

Baby V waved at us! Look at those perfect fingers!


This week we also did the Badass Bash.

We signed up for it a year ago and had no idea I would be pregnant now (we had hoped...but you know how that goes.) Anyways, so we decided to do it any way and I promised to take it easy. I am normally a very competitive person and for me it was very VERY hard to not push and it was also hard for me to not get upset at myself for what I couldn't, or shouldn't, do. I decided to skip any obstacles that involved heights because of my past experience falling and fracturing my spine. I did do a couple that involved climbing, but instead of climbing all the way up, I just did as much as I felt comfortable and then got down. Many people told me I was an inspiration, running in the even preggo, but I have to say I really learned my lesson. 

The course was tough and the terrain was nasty. I got a lot of cuts, tripped over a lot of roots and ruts (resulting in falls), and trekking through all of the mud was more work that I realized. Later in the day, when I got home, I pretty much could not walk. I had lots of pain in my lower half and moving my legs caused tears. I was very upset with myself for being so stubborn but I think it definitely taught me a lesson. 

I need to be more caring and accepting towards my body, pregnant or not.

That's That!




































No comments:

Post a Comment